Friday, June 25, 2010

World Cup 2010: Lionel Messi

Lionel Messi, the world best football player of his generation. He born in Argentina and now lives in Spain. He plays for Barcelona and the Argentina national football team.


At the age of 11, Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency. The Argentina local football club River Plate showed interest in Messi's progress, but did not have enough money to pay for treatment for his condition.

Carles Rexach, the sporting director of Barcelona, had been made aware of his talent were able to arrange a trial. Barcelona signed him after watching him play, offering to pay for the medical bills if he was willing to move to Spain.

Therefore his family move to Spain and Messi dedicated himself playing for Barcelona until today.

Messi said:
Barcelona is my life. They have brought me to where I am today. I could not leave, I don't want to leave. I know the Premier League is very good. But I cannot see myself playing in England because my heart is with Barcelona, always.

May 01, 2010

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin