Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chinese Brush Styles Oil Pastel Landscape

I have done another oriental painting, this time I use Chinese Brush painting as my reference. Check out original painting is HERE.


一叶轻舟万重山

I painted this on a smooth and opaque surface. Yes, it is tracing paper. I discovered more about oil pastel on tracing paper. My tracing paper is very thin, therefore when I place it on a coarse surface such as wood table, it does help me work out the texture. Nature of tracing paper allows me to erase my mistakes by using eraser. In contrast, finished work have to be taken serious care to prevent scratches.

I am quite happy with the outcome I had achieved, it does express the "artistic conception" (意境).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're doing a great job.
Congratulations for your artworks!
Paola.

王同 said...

Grazie, Paola. :)

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin