Friday, November 14, 2008

Acheen Street and the Malay Mosque

The Acheen St. Mosque in Georgetown, Penang, is also known as Masjid Melayu Lebuh Acheh (Malay Mosque) was founded by Tengku Syed Hussain Al-Aidid in 1808. The entire complex is historically and architecturally important as it reflects the earliest Muslim urban community in Penang comprising of the Malays, Indian Muslims, Arabs and the Achehnese.
Quote from http://www.hbp.usm.my/townplg/heritage/acheen.htm.

The Mosque is located at the place near to Khoo Kongsi, which is walking distance.

The composition of buildings and the street is a challenge for me, I have no confident to sketch it directly with OP. With the help of colour pencil, I have done my initial sketch. It is easy to correct the mistakes on colour pencil compared to oil pastel.


My focus is to express the historical view on entire street, which I do not concentrate on the details in very fine manner.


Finally, I had completed the sketch.

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin